Clayton Ryden joined Stouffer & Associates in 2013 as a trainee appraiser in the San Antonio office. Clayton attended Baylor University where he played football for two years and graduated in 2007 with a degree in Communications. Prior to joining Stouffer & Associates, Clayton worked for a sports marketing agency called Fishbait Marketing, where his clients included the NCAA, National Association of Basketball Coaches, and the American Football Coaches Association.
Clayton is a licensed appraiser trainee and is currently pursuing his state certification. Clayton performs 80 to 100 appraisals per year for various clients, including: banks, mortgage lenders, credit unions, municipalities, individuals, partnerships, corporations, real estate developers, and attorneys. These appraisals are utilized for variety of uses, including: loan underwriting, foreclosures, condemnation cases, estate valuations, feasibility analysis, tax protests, and marketing direction.
Clayton has experience appraising a wide variety of proposed and improved commercial properties including industrial properties, medical and general offices, retail properties, restaurants, commercial land, and farm/ranch properties.
In Clayton’s spare time, he enjoys being outdoors, going fishing, watching and playing sports, and spending time with his family and friends.
A list of the various property types Clayton has appraised include the following:
- Vacant Land (residential and commercial)
- Retail Buildings/Shopping Centers, etc.
- Ground Leases/Billboards
- General Office Buildings (owner-user and multi-tenant)
- Medical Office Buildings
- Office and Retail Condominiums
- Farm and Ranch properties
- Apartments/Multi-family projects
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities
- Food Processing Facilities
- Gymnasiums/Fitness Centers
Licenses & Designations
State Certified Real Estate Appraiser Trainee
B.A Communications (2007)
Appraisal Courses & Seminars (Past Five Years):
- Basic Appraisal Principles (McKissock)
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (McKissock)
- 15-Hour National USPAP (McKissock)
- General Appraiser Market Analysis Highest and Best Use (McKissock)
- Supervisor-Trainee Course for Texas (McKissock)
- 2016-17 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course (McKissock)
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach (McKissock)
- Expert Witness for Commercial Appraisers (McKissock)
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach (McKissock)