David Waters joined Stouffer & Associates in 2003 in the San Antonio office, following graduation from Baylor University. He earned his state certification in September of 2007 and later his MAI designation in April of 2010. In addition to his appraisal credentials, David also earned his real estate brokerage license in 2012. This experience and accreditation gives David a unique perspective, understanding both the appraisal and brokerage sides of the commercial real estate industry.
David specializes in appraising office, retail, and special purpose type properties. He performs 100 to 125 appraisals per year for various clients, including: banks, mortgage lenders, credit unions, municipalities, individuals, partnerships, corporations, real estate developers, and attorneys. These appraisals are utilized for variety of uses, including: loan underwriting, foreclosures, condemnation cases, estate valuations, feasibility analysis, tax protests, right of way acquisitions, and marketing direction.
In addition to his normal responsibilities, David also oversees the career development and review of several trainee appraisers within the firm.
In his spare time, David enjoys playing golf, attending Spurs games, and spending time with his wife and two young children.
A list of the various property types David has appraised include the following:
- Vacant Land (residential and commercial)
- Retail Buildings/Shopping Centers, etc.
- Ground Leases/Billboards
- General Office Buildings (owner-user and multi-tenant)
- Medical Office Buildings
- Office and Retail Condominiums
- Farm and Ranch properties
- Apartments/Multi-family projects
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities
- Motels/Hotels, etc.
- Food Processing Facilities
- Gymnasiums/Fitness Centers
- Special Purpose properties, including: car washes, automotive repair facilities, flood plain land, charter schools, etc.
Licenses & Designations
MAI (Designated by the Appraisal Institute)
Member #483293 (4/15/10)
State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Certificate No. TX-1333614-G
Licensed Real Estate Broker
B.B.A. Finance and Real Estate
Appraisal Courses & Seminars:
- Advanced Income Capitalization (Appraisal Institute)
- Highest & Best Use and Market Analysis (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Sales Comparison & Cost Approaches (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Applications (Appraisal Institute)
- Report Writing and Valuation (Appraisal Institute)
- Business Practice and Ethics (Appraisal institute)
- Seminar: General Demonstration Appraisal Report Writing (Appraisal Institute)
- Comparative Analysis (Appraisal Institute)
- Cool Tools: New Technology for Real Estate Appraisers (Appraisal Institute)
- Seminar: The Economy and the Federal Reserve (Appraisal Institute)
- Seminar: Paving the Way to Economic Recovery (Appraisal Institute)
- 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course (Columbia Institute)
- Appraising and Analyzing Retail Shopping Centers for Mortgage Underwriting (McKissock)
- Appraising and Analyzing Office Buildings for Mortgage Underwriting (McKissock)
- Real Estate Finance (Dynasty School)
- Legal Update I & II (Texas Tech University)
- Commercial and Investment Real Estate (Texas Tech University)