Charles W. Fehlis, MAI
Charles (Chuck) Fehlis joined Stouffer & Associates in 2000 and currently serves as a senior appraiser and reviewer. Following graduation from college in 1998, Chuck began his professional career in banking as a loan officer. After two years in banking, his interest turned to real estate and the appraising business. Chuck received his MAI designation in 2008 from the Appraisal Institute.
In addition to his appraisal work, in 2008 Chuck negotiated the purchase of a ½ acre parcel of vacant land on Stone Oak Parkway and acted as the financial advisor and lead developer for construction of a +/-5,000 square foot veterinary hospital with a budget in excess of $2,000,000 which is now owned and operated by his spouse and another partner veterinarian.
Chuck performs anywhere from 100 to 150 appraisals per year for various clients to include banks, mortgage lenders, credit unions, municipalities, individuals, partnerships, corporations, real estate developers, and attorneys. These appraisals are utilized for variety of uses to include loan underwriting, foreclosures, condemnation cases, estate valuations, feasibility analysis, tax protests, and marketing direction.
Chuck has expertise in a wide variety of commercial property types (office, retail, industrial, multifamily), but also specializes in the appraisal of special purpose property types such as churches, car dealerships, and car washes. He also does considerable work in the field of tax litigation to include market value appraisals and equal and uniform studies for both property owners and attorneys.
In his spare time, Chuck spends time with his wife and two children and enjoys golf, basketball, and youth coaching.
A list of the various property types Chuck has appraised include the following:
- Vacant land/residential and commercial
- Residential subdivisions and mixed use developments
- Retail Buildings/Shopping Centers, etc.
- Ground leases/Billboards
- Medical Office Buildings
- Farm and Ranch properties
- Apartments/Multi-family projects
- Single Family Residential
- 2-4 Family Residential
- General Office Buildings
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities
- Resort Properties
- Motels/Hotels/Restaurants, etc.
- Peanut Processing Plant
- Feed/Grain Mill
- Condominiums (Residential and Office)
- Special Purpose properties inclusive of car washes, mobile home parks, automotive repair facilities, auto sales dealerships, flood plain land, etc.
MAI (Designated by the Appraisal Institute)
Member #12543 (4/18/08)
State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Certificate No. TX-1333614-G
Nicolas Family Trust vs Bexar County tax appeal case.
Kerr County condemnation case: Higgins Tract Easements
Southwest Texas State University
B.B.A Finance (1998)
Appraisal Courses & Seminars (Past Five Years):
- Advanced Income Capitalization (Appraisal Institute)
- Highest & Best Use and Market Analysis (Appraisal Institute)
- National USPAP Course (Appraisal Institute)
- Seminar: Rates and Ratios (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Sales Comparison & Cost Approaches (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Applications (Appraisal Institute)
- Report Writing and Valuation (Appraisal Institute)
- Business Practice and Ethics (Appraisal institute)
- Seminar: Texas DOT-Congestion
- 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course (Appraisal Institute)
- Attacking & Defending an Appraisal in Litigation (Appraisal Institute)