Abel T. Rodriguez, MAI
Abel Rodriguez joined Stouffer & Associates in 2006 and is currently located in the Austin office. Prior to joining Stouffer & Associates, Abel worked as a leasing agent with United Realty and Investment Company in College Station, Texas followed by years spent as an associate appraiser with National Appraisal Partners LLP in Houston, Texas. Abel’s responsibilities with National Appraisal Partners included valuation and consulting for apartments, retail properties, office properties, industrial properties, health care facilities and vacant land. Abel was also a member of the Apartment Valuation Team and appraised apartment properties in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona.
Abel earned his State Certification in February 2008 and later his MAI designation in November of 2013. Prior to earning these designations, in 2003, Abel became a licensed real estate agent in Texas in which the experience and accreditation gives Abel a unique perspective, understanding both the sales and leasing side along with the appraisal side of the real estate industry.
Abel performs 80 to 100 appraisals per year for various clients, including: banks, mortgage lenders, credit unions, municipalities, individuals, partnerships, corporations, real estate developers, and attorneys. These appraisals are utilized for variety of uses, including: loan underwriting, foreclosures, condemnation cases, estate valuations, feasibility analysis, tax protests, and marketing direction.
Abel specializes in hotel & multi-family (apartment) properties. Over the past several years Abel has performed over 125 multifamily appraisals and over 100 lodging appraisals in addition to multiple ranch, retail, office and industrial appraisals. In addition to the Austin area, Abel has performed appraisals in San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi, Rio Grande Valley and Hill Country markets.
In Abel’s spare time, he enjoys any and all outdoor activities in addition to attending live music with his fiancé.
A list of the various property types Blake has appraised include the following:
- Vacant land/residential and commercial
- Retail Buildings/Shopping Centers, etc.
- Ground leases/Billboards
- General Office Buildings (owner-user and multi-tenant)
- Medical Office Buildings
- Office and Retail Condominiums
- Farm and Ranch properties
- Apartments/Multi-family projects
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities
- Motels/Hotels, etc.
- Food Processing Facilities
- Gymnasiums/Fitness Centers
- Special Purpose properties inclusive of car washes, automotive repair facilities, flood plain land, etc.
MAI (Designated by the Appraisal Institute)
Member #528252 (11/18/13)
State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Certificate No. TX-1337778-G
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Texas A&M University
B.S. Agricultural Economics
Appraisal Courses & Seminars:
- Advanced Applications (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Income Capitalization (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Sales Comparison & Cost Approaches (Appraisal Institute)
- Report Writing and Valuation Analysis (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Income Part I (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Income Part II (Appraisal Institute)
- Apartment Appraisal, Concepts & Applications (Appraisal Institute)
- Business Practices and Ethics (Appraisal Institute)
- General Demonstration Appraisal Report Writing Seminar (Appraisal Institute)
- Real Estate Finance, Statistics and Valuation Modeling (Appraisal Institute)
- 2014 USPAP Update (Columbia Institute)