Blake T. Stouffer, MAI
Vice President- Farm & Ranch, Residential
Blake Stouffer joined Stouffer & Associates in 2009 after obtaining a Construction Science degree from Texas A&M University. During his collegiate career, he was part of the Texas A&M University baseball team from 2005-2008 and was a First Team All American in 2007 and a 4th round draft pick by the Cincinnati Reds in the MLB draft. During his 2007 campaign, Blake led the entire D-1 baseball ranks in runs-batted-in (RBI’s) and also became just the third college baseball player in history to hit for the cycle twice in the same year. Foregoing the draft in 2007, Blake was then drafted again after his senior season in 2008 by the Washington Nationals. During his professional baseball career, Blake played for the Vermont Lake Monsters and Hagerstown Suns.
Blake has obtained his MAI designation in in addition to his State Certified General Real Estate Appraisal License. Blake also holds an active Real Estate Broker’s License and has been involved in brokering and/or assisting brokers in numerous residential, commercial, and land/ranch properties in Texas. Blake is one of the principal and founding brokers for Stouffer Properties. In 2019, Blake was named Vice President of Farm & Ranch and Residential divisions for Stouffer & Associates.
Blake performs anywhere from 100 to 150 appraisals per year for various clients to include banks, mortgage lenders, credit unions, municipalities, individuals, partnerships, corporations, real estate developers, CPA’s, and attorneys. These appraisals are utilized for variety of uses to include loan underwriting, foreclosures, condemnation cases, partition and land use decisions, estate tax, gifting and settlement valuations, feasibility analysis, tax protests, and marketing direction.
Farm & ranch appraisals have been completed throughout a majority of the state and range from smaller rural residential ranchette-style properties to larger heritage ranches in excess of several hundred thousand acres. Blake has a vast experience in appraising large recreational and working ranches and also commonly appraises properties which have a transitioned highest and best use for development. Farm & ranch assignments have included complex partition analyses, contamination studies, valuation of wind and water rights, life estates, conservation easements, valuation of mineral classified land, and undivided interest analysis among others.
Residential valuation experience spans from south Texas to central Texas with a focus on high-end residential properties. Residential appraisals have been completed on a multitude of specific property types to include coastal properties, lake-front properties, equestrian properties, rural ranchettes, high-rise condos, townhomes, historic properties, mobile homes, and many others.
Blake has testified or been deposed on numerous occasions as an expert witness for both farm & ranch and residential property matters. In his spare time, Blake enjoys spending time with his wife Faith and their three kids playing sports, snow skiing, hunting, and traveling.
A list of the various property types Blake has appraised include the following:
- Vacant land/residential and commercial
- Residential subdivisions (existing and proposed)
- Retail Buildings/Shopping Centers, etc.
- Ground leases/Billboards
- Medical Office Buildings
- Mini-Storage Facilities
- Farm and Ranch properties (large and small acreage tracts)
- Apartments/Multi-family projects
- Single Family Residential (Existing and proposed)
- 2-4 Family Residential (Existing and proposed)
- General Office Buildings
- Industrial and Manufacturing Facilities (Existing and proposed)
- Condominiums (Residential and Office) (Existing and proposed)
- Special Purpose properties
- Oil & Gas surface disruption studies
- Market Rental Analysis
MAI (Designated by the Appraisal Institute)
Member #539261 (05/13/2016)
State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
Certificate No. TX-1380246-G (2014)
Licensed Real Estate Broker
License #59593 (2012)
Texas A&M University
B.S. Construction Science
Appraisal Courses & Seminars (Past Five Years):
- Basic Appraisal Principles (Appraisal Institute)
- Basic Appraisal Procedures (Appraisal Institute)
- 15-Hour National USPAP (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Site Evaluation and Cost Approach (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Income Approach I (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Income Approach II (Appraisal Institute)
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies (Appraisal Institute)
- Statistics, Modeling and Finance (McKissock)
- Commercial Appraisal Review (McKissock)
- Expert Testimony (McKissock)
- USPAP -7 Hour Update (Appraisal Institute)
- Business Practice and Ethics (Appraisal Institute)
- The Uniform Appraisal Dataset from Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Income Capitalization (Appraisal Institute)
- Quantitative Analysis (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Concepts & Case Studies (Appraisal Institute)
- Advanced Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use (Appraisal Institute)